WhatsApp has evolved into an indispensable tool in our daily lives, serving as a bridge that connects people from all corners of the globe. In the year 2023, WhatsApp has transcended its initial role as a simple messaging platform. It now offers a rich array of features, enabling users to communicate in various ways. Whether you’re an iOS or Android user, WhatsApp has something to offer.
In a recent update that has added another layer of versatility, WhatsApp now allows users to share their screens during video calls. This exciting feature enables individuals to share not just their voices and faces but also the content on their screens, making it ideal for collaborative work, troubleshooting, or simply sharing something interesting with friends and family.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the seamless process of screen sharing during a WhatsApp video call. By following the steps outlined, you can harness the full potential of this feature, enhancing your communication experience and bringing you closer to your contacts, no matter where they are in the world. So, let’s dive in and explore how to make the most of WhatsApp’s screen sharing capability, connecting you in ways beyond just words and faces.
Share Screen On iPhone and Android
This new feature lets the users share their screens during ongoing video calls. This is an absolute boon for working professionals and business owners for presentations or guiding someone digitally through whatsapp. Here is how you can perform it:
- Initiating the Call: You just need to start a video call with your contact normally. Then just wait until that person picks up the video call.
- Tapping the Share Screen Icon: Once you both are involved in a video call and the call has started. You will see a small icon at the bottom of the screen with two overlapping rectangles. That icon is made for sharing screens on whatsapp.
- Starting the Broadcast on iPhone: If you are operating through an IOS device/iPhone, you will have to tap on the screen option and then on the “ start a broadcast” button. Once you opt for that opinion, screen sharing will start immediately.
- Commencing on Android. if you are using Android you will see a prompt text (if you’re using this feature the first time) just tap “continue” and then tap “start now” in that pop-up window and continue to share screen on WhatsApp
- Stopping the Broadcast: Once you’re done with screen sharing just tap on the “stop sharing” button and the sharing screen will turn off.
Share Screen on Desktop App
We’ve not heard if this feature exists for WhatsApp web or Mac programs. Users of the WhatsApp Windows desktop app can use it this way:
- Launch the Desktop App: Just open the WhatsApp desktop app on your computer. if you haven’t connected it to your phone’s WhatsApp, you need to attach it to your smartphone WhatsApp by using a QR code.
- Initiate Video Call: The moment you’ve entered into the WhatsApp Windows desktop app, just initiate the video call with your contact.
- Activate Screen Sharing: While you both are into a video call, you will see an icon at the bottom of the phone’s screen. Just hit on that button and the sharing screen on WhatsApp will activate.
- Choosing What to Share: In the WhatsApp Windows Desktop App you get an additional feature about choosing a specific window or entire screen for screen sharing on WhatsApp.
- Commence Screen Sharing: If you agree to start screen sharing of the whole desktop screen, then just tap “Ok” and you’re good to go.
- Ending the Session: The moment you want to end your screen sharing, just hit the ” Stop Sharing” option and it’s done!
WhatsApp, under the ownership of Meta, has been on a relentless journey of evolution, consistently introducing a slew of exceptional features. It has become an indispensable necessity for users worldwide, and its commitment to innovation remains unwavering. One of the most recent and noteworthy additions to WhatsApp’s repertoire is the screen-sharing feature. This update directly addresses a common user concern, providing a seamless solution for sharing screens within the app. As a result, WhatsApp has empowered its users with an invaluable tool for collaboration and communication.
The introduction of this feature has been met with both anticipation and excitement from WhatsApp’s user base. It enhances the platform’s utility, making it even more versatile for personal and professional interactions alike. As WhatsApp continues to adapt and improve, it reaffirms its status as a go-to communication app, offering a comprehensive suite of tools to meet the evolving needs of its diverse user community. Share your thoughts and experiences on this recent WhatsApp update; it’s another step forward in the platform’s journey of continual enhancement.